Emergency dentist needed?
If you are in need of emergency dental services, you may be in acute pain or distress caused by dental decay, infection, abscess, fracture, dental trauma or an accident involving your mouth. Finding an emergency dentist in Perth can be tricky, and at NewSmile Dental Centre we want to allow more timely management of dental emergencies.
We are not your typical “in-and-out” emergency dentist. We pride ourselves on attentive time and care provided to our patients, but if you are suffering from a dental emergency, our friendly receptionists and treatment coordinators always make every effort to have you attended to as soon as possible.
More about dental emergencies
An emergency dentist service will be able to provide that care in a variety of situations:
- A tooth or teeth which are painful to touch, or causing aching or pain, or getting severe temperature sensitivity.
- Broken teeth: if you have visible damage to one or more teeth, then it is essential to receive treatment as soon as possible. The damage can affect the deeper layers of the tooth, and this may cause more serious problems in the future.
- Gum infection or abscess: if your problem is a gum abscess or swelling, prescribing antibiotic or pain relief tablets can help the gum infection get temporarily under control, but appropriate direct treatment is crucial.
- Knocked out or loosened teeth from trauma: It’s important to receive immediate care, to maximise the chance of the tooth reattaching itself back into its gum socket.
- Wisdom teeth: if you suffer from acute wisdom tooth pain and/or facial swelling, contact the practice for urgent oral surgery assessment and emergency management via procedure or medication, as wisdom teeth infections can cause serious acute abscesses.
Personalised dental care
About NewSmile dental
Our team of dedicated dentists has a wide range of skills and interests. Our services range from emergency dental, to family dental and check-ups, scaling and cleaning, cosmetic dentistry, dentures, implants all the way through to full teeth replacement, “All on 4” dental implants and sedation dentistry. At NewSmile Dental Perth you and your oral health are in skilled and experienced hands.
For more information, please make an appointment with our Perth emergency dentists.
For any surgical based procedure, please refer to our disclaimer.