Acute toothache and dental emergencies
Emergency Dental needed?
If you are in need of emergency dental services, you may be in acute pain or distress caused by dental decay, infection, abscess, fracture, dental trauma or an accident involving your mouth. Finding an emergency dentist in Perth can be tricky, and at NewSmile Dental Centre we want to allow more timely management of dental emergencies.
We are not your typical “in-and-out” emergency dentist. We pride ourselves on attentive time and care provided to our patients, but if you are suffering from a dental emergency, our friendly receptionists and treatment coordinators always make every effort to have you attended to as soon as possible. And because of the diverse range of dental skills covered at our practice, almost all dental emergencies can looked after in-house without a need for referral to outside practices or specialists.
More about dental emergencies
If you believe your situation requires an “emergency dental” approach, call NewSmile and speak to our friendly receptionists. If you suffer from acute toothache, sudden pain, swelling or a broken tooth, then finding immediate care is important.
An emergency dentist service will be able to provide that care in a variety of situations:
- A tooth or teeth which are painful to touch, or causing aching or pain, or getting severe temperature sensitivity.
- Broken teeth: if you have visible damage to one or more teeth, then it is essential to receive treatment as soon as possible. The damage can affect the deeper layers of the tooth, and this may cause more serious problems in the future.
- Gum infection or abscess: if your problem is a gum abscess or swelling, prescribing antibiotic or pain relief tablets can help the gum infection get temporarily under control, but appropriate direct treatment is crucial.
- Knocked out or loosened teeth from trauma: It’s important to receive immediate care, to maximise the chance of the tooth reattaching itself back into its gum socket.
- Wisdom teeth: if you suffer from acute wisdom tooth pain and/or facial swelling, contact the practice for urgent oral surgery assessment and emergency management via procedure or medication, as wisdom teeth infections can cause serious acute abscesses.
Personalised dental care
As a dental clinic in Perth, our vision is to provide a personalised, caring service, giving our full attention to you as a patient. You will see (or already know) that we love our “small practice culture” and might not have the traditional “in-and-out” time scheduling of an average large corporate clinic or after hours dentist. But if you think you need emergency dental care, please call our practice and we we will do everything we can to help you out as soon as possible.
About NewSmile Dental
Our team of dedicated dentists has a wide range of skills and interests. Our services range from emergency dental, to family dental and check-ups, scaling and cleaning, cosmetic dentistry, dentures, implants all the way through to full teeth replacement, “All on 4” dental implants and sedation dentistry. At NewSmile Dental you and your oral health are in skilled and experienced hands.
Get in touch with us!
Monday to Friday - 8 AM - 5 PM
Alternate Saturdays - 8 AM -1 PM
Sunday & Public Holiday - Closed
|PHONE||1300 639 764|
|PHONE||08 6380 5888|
Subiaco, 116 Churchill Ave
Perth, WA 6008