JAW DISORDER (TMD), HEADACHE AND TEETH GRINDING MANAGEMENT
What is TMD (or TMJ disorder?)
Do you suffer from any of the following?
- Frequent headaches & migraines
- Jaw discomfort
- Difficulty with chewing or opening of the jaws
- Tightness or pain in the muscles of your head, neck or shoulders
- Pain behind the eyes
- Ringing or blocked ears
- Jaw joint clicking or locking
- Grinding or clenching of the teeth
- A feeling of toothache when no dental disease is present
If you answered yes to any of these questions, the cause could be a condition known as a jaw joint disorder or TMD.
How is TMD treated?
It is important to correctly diagnose the cause of the TMD. Is it a muscular strain or joint disease problem, or both? Is it caused by grinding due to stress or poorly aligned teeth and bite? Is it caused by improper dentistry? Is it related to postural problems? Is it related to Obstructive Sleep Apnoea?
Proper diagnosis of the pain allows appropriate management to take place at NewSmile.